There will not be a Uniquely Abled Academy for Fall 2016. This page will give you the information you need to apply to the Glendale Community College Uniquely Abled Academy for Spring 2017. Apply in early November to have adequate time to apply for possible eligibility by other agencies offering external support services.
Application Process and Links:
- (Optional and strongly recommended) Candidate contacts Melissaq Younesian, Manager, Verdugo Jobs Center, Phone: (818) 937-8025 and email@example.com. Apply in early November to have adequate time to apply for possible eligibility by other agencies offering external support services. The Verdugo Jobs Center will guide each candidate through the application process, directing them to the appropriate agencies for financial and other support services. Some of the possible steps are (Optional) below. Those steps without (Optional) are required.
- Candidate visits GCC, either at the Open House on November 1, the Open House on December 3, 10am-12pm, or a separate visit to the GCC CNC lab, to get a sense of the CNC machines, their environment, and interaction with them.
- Candidate completes online application for GCC.
- (Optional) Candidate applies for Financial Aid (FAFSA form).
- (Optional) Candidate completes application for California Department of Rehabilitation. Interview appointments may be scheduled at the UAA Open House.
- Candidate fills out and submits “UA Academy GCC Application Forum” There is no application fee. The completed Application may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail-mailed to:
Glendale CC Uniquely Abled Academy Coordinator
4804 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Suite 804
Valley Village, CA 91607
- (Optional) Candidate makes appointment to meet with DSPS Counselor (Contact the GCC Center for Students with Disabilities at (818)240-1000 ext. 5905)
- Apply for DSPS services
- Provide Verification of Disability
- Create Student Ed Plan
- Determine the accommodations needed for Assessment tests.
- Candidate takes GCC Assessment Test(s) – English & Math placement test
- During November candidate attends interview.
- During December selection decisions made.
- Accepted candidates enroll in UA Academy program.
- Classes start for accepted students on February 21, 2017. The last day of classes is June 14, 2017.
The following is the UA Academy schedule of classes for Spring 2017:
- MACH 107 32 HOURS 2.0 UNITS MACHINE PRACTICE 1 Ticket #3764
- CAM 210 48 HOURS 3.0 UNITS CNC MILL PROGRAMMING AND OPERATION Ticket #3761
- CAM 220 48 HOURS 3.0 UNITS CNC LATHE PROGRAMMING AND OPERATION Ticket #3762
- CAM 230 48 HOURS 3.0 UNITS MASTERCAM PROGRAMMING Ticket #3763
- ENGR 102 48 HOURS 2.0 UNITS BLUE PRINT READING Ticket #3766
- Student Development 128 1.0 UNIT Ticket #3786
Schedule: These classes will be taught over a 16 week period beginning February 21, 2017; and ending on June 14, 2017. Classes are 8:00 am-3:15 pm, Monday-Thursday. The last three weeks are a workplace experience.
Job Placement and Job Coaching: The UA Academy includes support for job placement and job coaching following successful course completion.
Note: the following costs may change.
Maximum Total Individual Cost = $759.50 *Total cost MAY vary and is dependent upon each candidate’s eligibility for Financial Aid and/or other programs (e.g.: Department of Rehabilitation , WTW and WIOA)
- $552.00 = 14 units @ $46
- $18.00 = Health Services Fee (Fall)
- $12.50 = Student Services Fee
- $10.00 = Picture ID Card Fee
- $75.00 = Parking (Fall)
Glendale Community College
1500 N Verdugo Road
Glendale CA 91208