This page will give you the information you need to apply to the Uniquely Abled Academy at College of the Canyons for Spring 2018. Please apply as early as you can to have adequate time to apply for eligibility by agencies offering external support services.
UAA at College of the Canyons – CNC Fast Track Program will take place March 19, 2018 to June 8, 2018
Facility Tour: ADI CACT tour of machines, etc: Jan 30th at 6:00 pm
UAA WorkKeys Testing:
University Center College of the Canyons, Room 309
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, Ca 91355
Friday, February 23, 2018 8am – 12pm
Register at: https://tinyurl.com/UAATest-2-23-18
For information and to attend contact Program Coordinator Karen Navarro, (818) 489-9805
To participate in this program all students must be 18 years of age or older and meet the minimum requirements. They must also
– Participate in an Orientation
– Participate in a facility tour
Students may qualify for assistance with tuition and other services.
UA Academy Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Show competence in organizational skills that reflect the ability to function independently in social and academic settings
- Exhibit competence in reading, basic math and computer comprehension, showing the ability to identify main ideas, make inferences and integrate disparate ideas.
- Demonstrate social competency including skills in self-advocacy, independent living and social collaboration.
- Demonstrate skills in the appropriate use of language in a social context by applying a variety of communication skills.
- High School or GED diploma.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Karen Navarro, (818) 489-9805