Glendale Community College is located in Glendale, California, northeast of Los Angeles.
UAA Graduation Celebration & Cohort 4 Open House
Glendale Community College Student Center
March 14, Wednesday, from 6-8pm.
The UAA at Glendale CC is a 13-week program, with 240 hours of in-class instruction led by faculty members of the department of Machine Technology at Glendale Community College, plus 60 hours of focus on job readiness, soft skills, site visits, and open laboratory. Students will learn to program, setup, and operate CNC machines combined with using quality control instruments, shop mathematics and blueprint reading. Graduates will qualify for a number of entry-level positions, including machine trainee, machinist apprentice, CNC operator, and CNC programmer.
To participate in this program all students must be 18 years of age or older and meet the minimum requirements. Students may qualify for assistance with tuition and other services.
UA Academy Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Show competence in organizational skills that reflect the ability to function independently in social and academic settings
- Exhibit competence in reading, basic math and computer comprehension, showing the ability to identify main ideas, make inferences and integrate disparate ideas.
- Demonstrate social competency including skills in self-advocacy, independent living and social collaboration.
- Demonstrate skills in the appropriate use of language in a social context by applying a variety of communication skills.
- High School or GED diploma.